I’m Serena Simmons, the founder of The Psychology School, and it’s my mission in life to help as many people as possible discover what it is that really makes them want to get up in the morning, and well, help them do it!
I’ve now helped literally hundreds of people to make significant changes in their life from transitioning out of employment they find difficult or uninspiring, helping them to start a new business, fall in love with their current job or career again or just find a new sense of balance, purpose and fulfilment in their life.
I bring with me both my own experience of having made significant changes in my own life, including starting my own business, but importantly as a Chartered Psychologist I bring with me over 25 years of working in the field of human change and development.
What this means is that I know a thing or two about what we can do to really make positive, long-lasting changes and am experienced in helping people do it!
“Serena's ability as a highly qualified psychologist and life coach is a rare skill”
Donna Humphries - client
What I do..
Today I run the business you see before you helping people change their lives.
I also still keep a hand in my work as a Senior Psychology Lecturer in a University, something I’ve done for 13 years, and something that I love to do as it keeps me relevant in what’s going on in the world of Positive Psychology and it also keeps me research active.
This of course also means I am able to bring you the best, most up-to-date research and integrate it into the work I do here at The Psychology School.
And that means you, my clients, benefit from it!
Who I help
I work with anyone that wants to change their life and who would like to do something different and feel something different every day.
I’ve worked with CEOs, Members of Parliament and well, people like you and me (not that the others aren’t…we’re all human).
What everyone has in common though is that they are gritty, determined and ready for change.
In other words by the time they get to me, they are truly ready and happy to take on the work necessary to get to where they want to be.
I see a lot of people at this stage who have tried lots of different things, maybe things that haven’t worked and they are sick of the back and fourth. The I’ll look at it again on Monday or next year feeling…NOW is the time and they are super-charged to get started!
To find out more about the area you’d like to change, just click on the relevant link for you below
Some other random facts about me..
* I have over 25 years of experience working in various psychology settings, from hospitals, the community, with brain-injury patients, HM Prison Service & a Maximum Security Hospital…to name a few!
* I have expertise in both Positive Psychology and also Forensic Psychology…arguably two ends of a fascinating spectrum of human behaviour!
* In my academic life I specialise in Serial Violent Crime - I’ve learnt a thing or two about motivation and how we impact change and rehabilitation from this
* I LOVE what I do, and consider myself to be multi-passionate so paint, sing and have also performed Improv comedy all over the world.
* I LOVE animals, in fact a portion of my profits from my business go towards animal and environmental charities and advocacy.
* I lived in New Zealand for nearly 8 years, and also went to Uni there…my spiritual home.
* I am a cat and dog person - don’t ask me to choose…I have both!
* Helping people change their life is my purpose and why I feel I’m on this fine earth.